Terms and Conditions of Use
This website is intended to be used only by individuals authorized by the Subscriber in compliance with its Subscription Agreement with Law Bulletin Media ("LB Media"). Such individuals must use the username and password assigned to them and not those of any other person. If you are not authorized by the Subscriber for this purpose, or if you are using someone else's login information, you are deemed an unauthorized user and you should not use this website. If nonetheless you continue, then by using this website you undertake and agree that:
1) You will be personally liable for any and all expenses, costs, or damages incurred by LB Media in investigating or addressing your unauthorized use of the website (such obligations shall be in addition to whatever other rights and remedies may be available to LB Media for unauthorized use), and
2) In exchange for the benefit you receive you will be personally bound to the Subscription Agreement for the entire debts and other commitments of the Subscriber, waiving any actual notice or knowledge of the terms of the Subscription Agreement, all without any duties or obligations to you on the part of LB Media
Use of this website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Use. They supplement and are incorporated into the JuraLaw Subscription Agreement that has been entered into between Law Bulletin Media ("LB Media") and the Subscriber. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms of the Subscription Agreement and these Terms and Conditions of Use, the terms of the Subscription Agreement shall control. Licenses
1. LB Media grants to the Subscriber, acting through its authorized users, a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to access and use this website for the purpose of JuraLaw services contemplated in the Subscription Agreement, but not otherwise. Subject to any consequences under the Subscription Agreement, LBM reserves the right to terminate this license at any time and for any reason.
2. Whenever you use the website to upload or otherwise submit data or information to LB Media for processing by the JuraLaw service, then on behalf of the Subscriber and yourself, you give to LB Media without charge or any other obligation a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works (such as those resulting from adaptations or other changes made so that your content works better with the JuraLaw services), communicate, publish, and distribute such content. However, the rights you grant by such license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving the JuraLaw services, and to develop new services, while all the time exercising reasonable efforts to preserve the confidentiality of any such content. This license continues even if you and the Subscriber stop using the JuraLaw services.
3. LB Media may automatically obtain and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and history of activity. LB Media may use this information for internal purposes, such as tracking your use, analyzing trends, and collecting statistics. LB Media may also use the information to compile and provide to third parties aggregate statistics about LB Media's customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information, but these statistics will not include any information identifying the Subscriber or any individual user.
4. LB Media also has the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of the Subscription Agreement or these Terms and Conditions of Use and to take any action it deems appropriate, including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to user profiles, e-mail addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
Character of uploaded data
5. You promise that you will not upload, post, or otherwise send to the website, or to any other person via the website, any material that:
Contains software viruses, bugs or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, pervert, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
Is abusive, illegal, defamatory, obscene, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, harmful to minors or others, violates any law or right of any third party; or otherwise unacceptable to LB Media, in its sole discretion.
Infringes on the intellectual property rights or other such rights of any person or entity, including privacy or publicity rights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights.
Transmits any false, misleading, fraudulent or illegal communications.
Promotes or endorses any company or person, any product or service, or any charitable or political cause.
Discloses information about individuals that is protected by law, including but not limited to Social Security numbers, credit information, or health information that is protected under the Health Accountability and Portability Protection Act of 1996 (HIPAA) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (HITECH).
LB Media reserves the right, without any obligation, to delete, tag, quarantine, or otherwise deal with any data or information that in its judgment does not comply with the foregoing, all without prior notice to the Subscriber.
6. When accessing or using the website, you will do so only by means of the login information assigned to you (and not that of any other person) as currently on file in the Subscriber's JuraLaw account, and at all times you will abide by the following restrictions:
You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any services, accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any server used for this website, through password mining, hacking, or any other means.
You will not attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble any aspect of the JuraLaw service.
You will not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities, or users of the JuraLaw service.
You will not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy the website or the content, information, or services on this website without LB Media's prior written consent.
You will not use this website in any manner that could harm, infect, control, disable, overburden, or otherwise impair any of LB Medias's computer systems, including, but not limited to, the servers, networks, and other components connected to or used for this website.
You will refrain from any use that imposes, or may impose, in LB Media's sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on its infrastructure, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activities conducted on the website, or bypass any measures LBM may use to prevent or restrict access to the website.
You will not use any framing techniques to enclose any portion of this website (including, but not limited to, images, text, page layout, and form) without LB Media's prior written consent.
You will not interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the JuraLaw services, or of any of the content, information, or services provided to them by LB Media or provided by them to LB Media.
You will not use the website for any purpose other than the Subscriber's own docket management activities. You must not use the website in any way to resell or redistribute the JuraLaw service or any part of it; use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the service or attempt to carry out these activities; or use any automated process or service (such as a bot, a spider, periodic caching of information stored by LB Media, or metasearching) to access or use the service.
You will not use any of the content, information, or services on this website as a factor in establishing a consumer's eligibility for credit or insurance to be used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, for employment purposes, or for any other purpose authorized under section 1681b of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. § 1681b).
If you are an attorney, you acknowledge that the Rules of Professional Conduct of the jurisdictions where you are licensed may apply to your use of this website and you will abide by such rules. LB Media disclaims all responsibility for your compliance with these rules.
Proprietary interests in website
7. The technology and content made available to the Subscriber by way of this website are owned by or licensed to LB Media and protected by domestic and international intellectual property laws. The website contains copyrighted works, trademarks and other proprietary items, including, without limitation, those constituting trade dress, designs, animation, text, images, video, graphics, music and sound, software and know how. You will not copy, modify, publish, transmit, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of LB Media's content, in whole or in part without the prior written consent of LB Media. In the event of any such consent, you will use the material with no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice. No ownership rights of any nature are being transferred by LB Media, and the grant of a license to access and use the website does not grant you any other express or implied rights or licenses under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
8. If you submit any comments, observations, feedback or suggestions about the JuraLaw services, LB Media need not treat any such material as confidential or proprietary to you. LB Media shall be free to use any of your comments, information, know how, techniques, or ideas without notice, compensation or acknowledgement to you, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products, services and features of the JuraLaw services and creating, modifying or improving the website or other products and services. You waive your rights to attribution, integrity, or moral rights in the materials in connection with any such use by LB Media, and you shall have no recourse against LB Media for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation. LB Media shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display or otherwise exploit the materials, nor shall it be obligated to prevent, or have any liability for, any unauthorized copying, publishing, displaying or other exploitation of the materials.
9. Nothing on the website or in the JuraLaw service is intended to constitute legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed. You have the obligation to review the information and results generated by the JuraLaw services and exercise your professional judgment as to its correctness, validity, or application to any particular circumstances.
10. The technical processing and transmission of data relating to your account may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. As a result, and also as a result of LB Media's network architecture and business practices and the nature of electronic communications, even communications that seem to be intrastate in nature can result in the transmission of interstate communications regardless of where you are physically located at the time of transmission. Accordingly, you acknowledge that use of the service results in interstate data transmissions and you agree to permit such activity.